Tan Sri Md Nor Yusof Appointed Malaysia Airlines Chairman

Subang, 28 July 2011. The Board of Malaysia Airlines System Berhad today announced the appointment of Tan Sri Md Nor Yusof as its new Chairman, to be effective from 1 August 2011. Tan Sri Md Nor will replace Tan Sri Dato’ Dr. Mohd Munir bin Abdul Majid, who will be retiring as Chairman on 31 July 2011.

Tan Sri Md Nor said: “I am happy to be back at Malaysia Airlines, this time as its chairman. There are tremendous challenges facing the company which must be addressed swiftly. I look forward to the full cooperation of the board and members of staff of Malaysia Airlines, many of whom I know already, in taking the company on the path of sustainable profitability. I would also like to thank Tan Sri Munir for all his considerable contributions to Malaysia Airlines over the last seven years.”

As Tan Sri Dr. Munir’s term as Chairman draws to a close, Malaysia Airlines would like to express its deep appreciation for his leadership and commitment towards building Malaysia Airlines as a leading regional carrier. Over the last seven years, the stewardship of Tan Sri Dr. Munir has sustained the carrier through difficult periods in the aviation industry. The team at Malaysia Airlines thank him again for his dedication and wish Tan Sri Dr. Munir all the best.

Tan Sri Munir said: “Tan Sri Md. Nor brings a previous experience in Malaysia Airlines, as well as a familiarity with the people who make the airline work, which will be a great asset in the company’s transformation. Although it may not be my place to say it, I will still say it: I am pleased with this appointment as I am sure would the members of staff of the company.”

“I would like to thank my colleagues on the Board, management and employees for all the support given during my tenure as Chairman and Director. I am confident that they will continue to support Malaysia Airlines and the new Chairman in steering the company to greater heights.”

Comments